Thursday 12 March 2015

2 minute chocolate chip cookie


Earlier this week, I had a real craving for cookies. It was late at night and I didn't want to bake a whole batch so I decided to try out one of the 'cookies in a mug' recipe. I've made 5 minute mug cakes in the microwave before and although not as good as a proper baked cake, they are great for when you really, really need cake. Well I really needed a cookie so I baked 1 cookie just for me. And another one for J as I was feeling generous :) 

It's a one bowl recipe with minimal preparation or washing up. If you bake regularly then you will have all of these ingredients to hand. The cookie was really good especially when warm and served with ice cream. It tastes like a soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie with a slight cake like consistency. I tried 2 different methods of making this cookie. The first was to melt the butter and then whisk in the sugar and other ingredients into a smooth paste. The second was to use softened butter and a fork to add in the other ingredients and surprisingly the second method worked better. The first method produced a cookie that was more like a cake with a smooth texture whereas the second method gave it more of a rough, cookie texture. 


 adding egg to the butter and sugar mixture 

 adding flour 

 ready to cook 

 served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

Makes 1 cookie

15g butter
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
30g plain flour
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
25g chocolate chips

  • Place the softened butter and sugars in a bowl and mix roughly with a fork. 
  • Add in the egg and vanilla extract and stir.
  • Add in the flour and stir.
  • Add in the chocolate chips and stir.
  • Place the bowl in a microwave and cook on high for 40 seconds and check. Mine took 50 seconds to cook but as microwaves vary, I suggest checking from 40 seconds and adding on 10 second increments until the cookie is cooked. 



1 comment:

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!