Monday 19 May 2014

Marvellous Mix Up Cookies


I've been seeing advertisements for Cadbury's Marvellous Mix Ups everywhere. It contains mini oreos, cadbury pebbles, white chocolate buttons and milk chocolate buttons. It sounds delicious and I just couldn't resist especially when they were on special offer in Tesco. I decided to bake them into a cookie using my candy cookie recipe. I baked them for an event at work and everyone really enjoyed them. The cookies have a crisp edge and soft centre and the filling was a surprise as each cookie was different. Definitely a crowd pleaser and would be brilliant at kids parties or for entertaining. I think they would also work well in a brownie.


 I also added a bag of cadbury pebbles 

 adding marvellous mix ups to the cookie dough

 ready to go in the oven

 the marvellous mix ups and pebbles remained intact after baking. I love how the mini oreos peek through and how the pebbles add a lovely splash of colour. 


175g caster sugar
110g brown sugar
225g unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
450g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
55ml milk (you may need less)
1 bag of Cadbury's marvellous mix ups and 1 bag of cadbury's pebbles

  • Preheat the oven to 180C
  • Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. 
  • Add in the eggs, one at a time and mix well. 
  • Mix in the vanilla extract. 
  • Stir in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
  • Gradually add the milk until a soft dough forms (be careful not to add too much milk or the dough will be too sticky) 
  • Sitr in the marvellous mix ups and pebbles by hand. 
  • Use a small ice cream scoop to place small scoops of dough spaced apart on a lined baking tray.
  • Bake for approximately 8-9 minutes or until they are golden brown but still slightly soft.
  • Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 
  • The cookies will harden as they cool. 

3 comments:

  1. What a bloody brilliant idea! Love them. Want them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! I've seen mix ups in the supermarket but haven't allowed myself to buy a bag (yet!) I definitely like the idea of adding them to brownies as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adding them to brownies is on my ever growing list of things to bake.

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!